Our business at the Dahlonega-Lumpkin County Chamber & Visitors Bureau is to help your business succeed. Economic prosperity, resulting from the success of our local businesses, makes our community a great place to live, work, and visit.
Every successful business ensures a more positive future for Dahlonega and Lumpkin County. By supporting your Chamber & Visitors Bureau, you are choosing to be a part of constructive growth and a solution to the issues facing our area.
Your business will benefit when we connect you with potential new customers, partners, and business opportunities, provide valuable resources and tools, and offer you exclusive member programs and discounts.
Businesses, regardless of size, type, and industry, can effectively use our Chamber’s menu of services to excel in the following areas:
Marketing & Promotions:
- Get exposure on www.dahlonega.org! With your business listing on the Chamber’s website, your business website will be linked for immediate access by customers. Put our heavily visited site to work for you!
- Communicate with your fellow Chamber members! To include current information about your business that would be of interest to other Chamber members, send information for our email blasts to members, keeping them current on your events and issues.
- Get your name out in the Chamber & Visitors Bureau’s publications! Be included in the Chamber’s Community Guide, Visitors Guide, Wedding & Event Planning Guide, local maps, and the Shop, Dine, Stay, and Wine guide series, which are distributed to Chamber members, new residents, and thousands of visitors year-round.
- Show off your business on the Gazebo Information Board! Drive business to your door when the Visitors Center is closed with a 5”x7” photo and brochures displayed on our outside Gazebo Information Board. Additional $100 per year fee applies.
- Get in on the Business Referral Service! The Chamber is often the first point of contact for information for both visitors and persons relocating to the area. The Chamber also serves as a resource for existing businesses and residents. The Chamber office receives calls every day from people requesting information on local products and services, who are referred to members that fit their needs.
- Expose your business to locals and visitors in the Visitors Center! Stock the second most visited center in the state of Georgia with your rack cards and business cards. Receive referrals to your business of visitors and local residents by Visitors Center staff and volunteers.
- Stand out among your industry's listings! Gain more exposure for your business at dahlonega.org and thechamber.dahlonega.org through an additional internet option - the enhanced internet listing. Additional $75 per year fee applies.
- Hang a banner on the Chamber balcony! Promote your special event with a banner on the Chamber’s balcony in downtown Dahlonega. The banner must comply with the Chamber’s Banner Policy, and must be approved. Additional $50-$100 fee applies.
- Direct customers to your business! Help people find your business by purchasing a green County Directional Sign. Please contact the Chamber for more details.
- Get a little back with the Chamber Bucks Program! Chamber members who recruit a new member receive $10 in Chamber Bucks when the new member gives the sponsor credit on the membership application. Chamber Bucks can be used as credit toward your Chamber membership dues.
- Get the Chamber mailing list! The Chamber member mailing list can be provided to members electronically for $35 or peel-and-stick labels for $50. Please note this list does not include emails.
- Have your own Business Resource Center at your fingertips! Chamber members receive discounted rates. Services include use of copier, printer, fax, binding machine, and paper cutter.
- Use the Chamber’s meeting space for free! Chamber members receive complimentary use of the Chamber’s conference room for business-related meetings. Usage of the conference room must be scheduled through the Chamber of Commerce office.
- Grab a book from the Chamber Business Library! Find a variety of resources covering topics from leadership to human resources at the Chamber's Business Library. Members are able to check out books for free.
- Communicate to your customers on the cheap! Members are eligible for a discounted Constant Contact email marketing program. Receive 20% off of a 6-month prepaid subscription and 25% off of a 12-month prepaid subscription.
Professional Development & Informational Meetings:
- Monitor legislative affairs that affect your business! It is the responsibility of Chamber staff and board members to keep you abreast of legislation which could impact your business or the economic stability of Dahlonega and Lumpkin County. The Chamber receives frequent inquiries from local government, politicians, and organizations on the business community’s perspective on specific issues. Chamber membership provides you with the means to make your voice heard. Please let us know your needs and opinions so that we can pass them along.
- Receive a complimentary membership to the Georgia Chamber Federation! Businesses who are chamber members and have less than 10 full-time employees receive a complimentary “Georgia Chamber Federation” membership. Benefits include representation at the state and federal levels as the Georgia Chamber advocates for pro-business measures, participation on statewide initiatives that create the Georgia Chamber’s legislative priorities, involvement in policy development through the Georgia Chamber’s grassroots network and member surveys, and timely information on legislative issues and educational opportunities.
- Expand your horizons through a Lunch & Learn Workshop! Receive an invitation to the monthly Lunch & Learn Workshops. These workshops bring in professionals to speak on a variety of topics to help you with your business, and occasionally, your personal life.
- Enroll in a Chamber 101 Class! Chamber 101 classes are the best way to learn more about your Chamber benefits and how to best utilize them. Contact the Chamber for information on the next session.
Networking & Community Recognition:
- Build your business relationships! Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook are all great tools for connecting you to new customers; however, face-to-face interaction and relationship building will never lose their value. That's why the Chamber makes sure you have plenty of opportunities to build productive and profitable relationships. Whether you're looking to connect with industry peers, new customers, or friendly faces, you'll access them through the Chamber. Tell us who you’d most like to have a conversation with!
- See and be seen at Business After Hours! Business After Hours is Dahlonega and Lumpkin County's largest and most popular networking event, held on the first Tuesday of every month from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm. An average of nearly 120 business and community leaders are in attendance. This event allows members to meet, exchange ideas and talk business in a relaxed and informal setting. This is a relationship building experience that benefits you and your company through added contacts and resources. Business After Hours is hosted by various Chamber members around the community at a different location each month. This gives the hosting member an opportunity to showcase their workplace and gain valuable exposure. New Members in attendance are also introduced and given their membership plaque and window decal. Attendance is free for Chamber members and registered guests.
- Visit a Morning Mingle! Jump start your morning at a Dahlonega-Lumpkin County Morning Mingle. Hear from our Morning Mingle business host, showcase your organization and promote your products all before the coffee kicks in! Morning Mingle shines the spotlight on each attending member providing each a 30 second commercial. This allows members the opportunity to introduce themselves and their business, build a rapport with one another, and make connections. People do business with those they know, like and trust! Networking with like-minded professionals builds connections, helps develop your personal brand and encourages new business opportunities. So why not have a great time doing it? Our Morning Mingle is the perfect opportunity that will allow you to meet and greet new contacts in a fun way! Don’t forget to bring business cards and/or brochures! You can place a stack on the “business card buffet” to share with other attendees. Morning Mingle is FREE for members. We ask that you please RSVP so our hosts are prepared. Check the event calendar for locations and times of the next mingle.
- Grab Lunch at Networking at Noon! Come get the information you need to incorporate sustainability into your business, community, and everyday life while enjoying a delicious lunch and networking with likeminded individuals! The “Networking at Noon” Networking Luncheons are held monthly at various Dahlonega-Lumpkin County Chamber Member Restaurants on the 3rd Wednesday of the month. Networking begins at 12:00 noon.
- Participate in a Ribbon Cutting or Ground Breaking! A ribbon cutting is the ceremonial opening of a brand-new or newly-renovated/relocated business that has opened within the last six months. It can inaugurate an organization’s first day of business or it can take place weeks after the business’ soft opening. Because the ribbon cutting marks a very significant moment in the business’ history, this is also a great photo opportunity. The ceremony gives the business owner or manager a chance to say a few words to those gathered. Business owners have used this time to publicly thank their financial backers, their employees, their friends and family, and/or their business partners. They also take the opportunity to talk about what their business does.
By joining our Chamber you can enjoy our many networking and community events as well as be active on our committees designed to promote and protect business. Maximize your investment through active participation in activities, which yield significant rewards to you and leads to community influence. Your involvement pays dividends in the form of new contacts, business lead generation, public policy influence, increased visibility and better corporate citizenship.