The Kenneth Beasley Leadership Award was established in 2008 and is now presented annually to an LLC alumni or alumnae that exemplifies, through his/her professional or community involvement, the following qualities: Integrity, Community Oriented, Visionary, and Positive Leadership Role Model.
- Nominee must be an alumnus of the Leadership Lumpkin County program.
- Nominee must have demonstrated leadership role(s).
- Nominee must be a mentor or support to emerging community leaders.
- Nominee must be involved in the community.
- Nominee must be present at Leadership Lumpkin Reception to accept a commemorative award.
Who can submit a nomination? LLC class members, alumni, Chamber Board, and staff.
The Leadership Lumpkin Advisory Committee will be responsible for reviewing and selecting the winner from submitted applications.
Past recipients of the Leadership Award are: Dan Bowers (2008), Brenda Cronan (2009), Bob Pullen (2010), Amy Booker (2011), Larry Odom (2012), Brigette Barker (2013), Ian Cowie (2014), Stacy Jarrard (2015), Frank Colladay (2016), Deb Rowe (2017), and Mike Pyott (In Memoriam).
Submit Your Nomination
There are two ways you can submit your nomination:
- Download and print out the nomination form and mail to: Dahlonega-Lumpkin County Chamber of Commerce, RE: Kenneth Beasley Award, 13 S. Park St., Dahlonega, GA. 30533
Submissions must be received by July 31, 2017. The award will be presented at the 2017 Welcome Reception on August 24, 2017.