Applications for the LLC 2019-2020 Class will open in July 2019.
What type of individuals would benefit from LLC?
You are a good candidate for participation in LLC if you meet these criteria:
- Those with past leadership experience through work, church, school and other civic organizations.
- Individuals with untapped leadership potential with a desire to develop / improve leadership skills.
- Those hoping to identify issues and challenges currently being faced in the community.
- Persons with a willingness and commitment to contribute their time, energy, talent, and skills for nine months.
While many similar programs focus solely on young “emerging” leaders, LLC strives to incorporate a wide range of leadership experience levels in its class make-up. With an interactive, interpersonal curriculum designed to support both leadership skills development and exposure to community issues, LLC encourages participants to share the benefit of their own experience while they also learn from others.
Curriculum Requirements & Time Commitments of the Program
Selection to participate in LLC is an honor. The LLC Advisory Board is responsible for ensuring successful completion of the program, which requires participants to be punctual and to attend each monthly class in full. Any participant missing more than two classes may not be eligible for graduation. Each case will be reviewed and determined at the discretion of the LLC Advisory Board.
- Class sessions expected to run from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm with the exception of a social hour after the first class.
- Each student is expected to actively participate in a team community outreach project and can anticipate approximately 20-30 volunteer hours of service outside of class (please note that this is an approximation and time required will vary based on the project chosen by each team).
A $400 tuition fee covers program materials, supplies and activities, lunches, and participants’ graduation dinners. While the actual cost of the program far exceeds this amount, the Chamber of Commerce contributes substantial administrative and marketing support to LLC. Local businesses and community leaders also consistently invest in local leadership development through generous donations and sponsorships in support of LLC.
Leadership Lumpkin County - 2018-2019 Class Schedule
|Class Orientation & Welcome Reception||August 30, 2018||Location TBD, Orientation at 5:00 pm & Welcome Reception from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm|
|Class 1 & Overnight Retreat||September 6 & 7, 2018||Concepts of Leadership & Team Building|
|Class 2||October 11, 2018||Community & Cultural Infrastructure|
|Class 3||November 8, 2018||Military Leadership|
|Class 4||December 13, 2018||Economic Development|
|Class 5||January 24, 2019||Healthcare|
|Class 6||February 7, 2019||Government|
|Class 7||March 14, 2019||Education|
|Class 8||April 11, 2019||Tourism|
|Class 9 & Graduation||May 9, 2019||LLC Alumni Day: Class to begin in the afternoon. Graduation: Located TBA, 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm|
Class sessions can be expected to run from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. In addition to the above outlined dates, each student is expected to actively participate in a team community outreach project and can anticipate approximately 20-30 volunteer hours of service outside of class (please note that this is an approximation and time required will vary based on the project chosen by each team).