The Education & Workforce Development Committee works to utilize the resources and talents of the Chamber, Chamber Members and the local business community to provide opportunities and avenues for educational and leadership development for people of Dahlonega and Lumpkin County.
Chair: Davis Palmour (Dahlonega Healing Arts)
Meetings: The Education & Workforce Development Committee meets the 1st Tuesday of each month at 1:30pm in the Chamber conference room. Meetings may not be held over the summer.
2017 Action Items
- Gain feedback from local businesses through surveys to understand their workforce needs, share best practices, and provide their feedback to and connection with educators and potential future employees
- Get on the Bus Tour of local school systems (Lumpkin County Schools, University of North Georgia, Lanier Technical College System)
- Reach Program (Lumpkin County Schools to submit application)
- Literacy Coalition CLCP status
- Create a "non-traditional" job fair opportunity for local school system(s) with educational opportunities/training and recruitment for employee participants
- Establish a Town & Gown Committee