Since 2012, the Chamber has awarded a "Business of the Year" Award, simply to say “thanks” to area businesses for their contributions to our community in the past year.
Past recipients have met some or all of the following qualifications:
- Must show a dedication to making Dahlonega and Lumpkin County a better place by giving back to the community in some manner.
- Factors of consideration would include the business:
- reputation of honesty and integrity in their practices
- committed to community
- committed to diversity
- demonstrated perseverance
- Growth in support of economic development of the Dahlonega and Lumpkin County community.
Past "Business of the Year" Award Recipients:
2016 - Red Barn Veterinary Hospital
2015 - Home Depot of Dahlonega
2014 - Dahlonega Funeral Home
2013 - Chestatee Ford
2012 - Shenanigans Irish Pub & Restaurant