Our business at the Dahlonega-Lumpkin County Chamber of Commerce is to make our community a great place to live, work, visit and do business. Your business will benefit when we connect you with potential new customers and business opportunities, provide valuable resources and tools and offer you exclusive member programs and discounts.
Every business must take responsibility to ensure the positive future of Dahlonega and Lumpkin County. By supporting your Chamber of Commerce, you are choosing to be a part of positive growth and a solution to the issues facing our area.
The Dahlonega-Lumpkin County Chamber of Commerce has an extensive menu of services that can build your business, give your business additional exposure and provide you with members-only benefits. Below is a list of just a few benefits you receive as a chamber member.
Marketing & Promotions:
- Get exposure on www.dahlonega.org! With your business listing on the Chamber’s website, your business website will be linked for immediate access by customers. Put our heavily visited site to work for you!
- Communicate with your fellow Chamber members! To include current information about your business that would be of interest to other Chamber members, send information for our weekly email blasts to members, keeping them current on your events and issues.
- Get your name out in the Chamber & Visitors Center’s publications! Be included in the Chamber’s two-year publication - the Community Guide and Member Business Directory, which is distributed to Chamber members and thousands of visitors year-round.
- Show off your business on the Gazebo Information Board! Drive business to your door when the Visitors Center is closed with a 5”x7” photo and brochures displayed on our outside Gazebo Information Board. Additional $100 per year fee applies.
- Get in on the Business Referral Service! The Chamber is often the first point of contact for information for both visitors and persons relocating to the area. The Chamber also serves as a resource for existing businesses and residents. The Chamber office receives calls every day from people requesting information on local products and services, who are referred to members that fit their needs.
- Expose your business to visitors in the Visitors Center! Stock the second most visited center in the state of Georgia with your rack cards and business cards. Receive referrals to your business of visitors and local residents by Visitors Center staff and volunteers.
- Expand your horizons with the Enhanced Listing! Gain more exposure for your business at dahlonega.org and thechamber.dahlonega.org through an additional internet option - the enhanced internet listing.
- Hang a banner on the Chamber balcony! Promote your special event with a banner on the Chamber’s balcony in downtown Dahlonega. The banner must comply with the Chamber’s Banner Policy, and must be approved.
- Direct customers to your business! Help people find your business by purchasing a green County Directional Sign. Please contact the Chamber for more details.
- Get a little back with the Chamber Bucks Program! Chamber members who recruit a new member receive $10 in Chamber Bucks when the new member gives the sponsor credit on the membership application. Chamber Bucks can be used as credit toward your Chamber membership dues.
- Participate in the Member-to-Member Discount Program! Check out the current Member-to-Member discounts. You will receive a Member-to-Member discount card to participate, keeping our dollars in Dahlonega and Lumpkin County!
- Get the Chamber mailing list! The Chamber member mailing list can be provided to members electronically for $35, or peel-and-stick labels for $50. Please note this list does not include emails.
- Become eligible for discounted group insurance! Chamber members are eligible for group insurance at lower rates through Blue Cross / Blue Shield of Georgia and United Healthcare. Please contact the Chamber for more details.
- Have your own print shop at your fingertips! Chamber members receive discounted Business Resource Center rates. Services include use of copier, printer, fax, binding machine, and paper cutter.
- Use the Chamber’s meeting space for free! Chamber members receive complimentary use the Chamber’s conference room for business-related meetings. Usage of the conference room must be scheduled through the Chamber of Commerce office.
- Communicate to your customers on the cheap! Members are eligible for a discounted Constant Contact email marketing program. Receive 20% off of a 6-month prepaid subscription and 25% off of a 12-month prepaid subscription.
Professional Development & Informational Meetings:
- Monitor legislative affairs that affect your business! It is the responsibility of Chamber staff and board members to keep you abreast of legislation which could impact your business or the economic stability of Dahlonega and Lumpkin County. The Chamber receives frequent inquiries from local government, politicians, and organizations on the business community’s perspective on specific issues. Chamber membership provides you with the means to make your voice heard. Please let us know your needs and opinions so that we can pass them along.
- Receive a complimentary membership to the Georgia Chamber Small Business Alliance! Businesses who are chamber members and have less than 10 full-time employees receive a complimentary “Georgia Chamber Small Business Alliance” membership. Benefits include representation at the state and federal levels as the Georgia Chamber advocates for pro-business measures, participation on statewide initiatives that create the Georgia Chamber’s legislative priorities, involvement in policy development through the Georgia Chamber’s grassroots network and member surveys, and timely information on legislative issues and educational opportunities.
- Expand your horizons through a Nuts & Bolts Workshop! Receive an invitation to the monthly Nuts & Bolts Workshops. These workshops bring in professionals to speak on a variety of topics to help you with your business, and occasionally, your personal life.
- Enroll in a Chamber 101 Class! Chamber 101 classes are the best way to learn more about your Chamber benefits and how to best utilize them. Contact the Chamber for information on the next session.
Networking & Community Recognition:
- Be seen at Business After Hours! You will be introduced as a new member at our monthly Business After Hours and will receive your Chamber member plaque, sticker and member-to-member discount card. The mixers are a great place to network and promote your business. Sponsor the event and your business will be highlighted.
- Visit a Morning Mingle! This is the Chamber’s AM alternative to the Business After Hours. Network and promote your business over breakfast, if the evening Business After Hours events are inconvenient for you. Host the event and your business will be highlighted.
- Grab Lunch at What’s Up Wednesday! This is your perfect opportunity to meet and network with other small business owners and chamber members. Meet at a local restaurant to mix and mingle with new contacts over lunch.
- Participate in a Ribbon Cutting or Ground Breaking! We will work with you and your business to make arrangements for Ribbon Cuttings and Ground Breakings. This is your opportunity to announce to the community the start or opening of your business. Your ribbon cutting or ground breaking will be featured in The Dahlonega Nugget, getting the word out to our community about your grand opening, new location, remodeling, new ownership, or just that you’ve joined the chamber!
By joining our Chamber you can enjoy our many networking and community events as well as be active on our committees designed to promote and protect business. Maximize your investment through active participation in activities, which yield significant rewards to you and leads to community influence. Your involvement pays dividends in the form of new contacts, business lead generation, public policy influence, increased visibility and better corporate citizenship.