- The Dahlonega-Lumpkin County Chamber of Commerce was organized on June 5, 1954.
- The Dahlonega-Lumpkin County Chamber's mission is "Making our community a great place to live, work, visit and do business."
- The Dahlonega-Lumpkin County Chamber of Commerce is a voluntary organization of business and professional women and men who have joined together for the purpose of promoting the interests of business in the community. The Chamber is a non-profit, pro-business 501 (c) (6) private membership organization which was organized to advance the business interests of all segments of the economic community of Dahlonega and Lumpkin County, to promote integrity, and to work to enhance the business, civic, cultural and educational resources of the County.
- The Chamber unites hundreds of businesses and professional firms, thus creating a "unified voice" working to improve business and build better communities.
- Any individual, firm, corporation, partnership, association, or other business entity may apply for one or more memberships in the Dahlonega-Lumpkin County Chamber of Commerce. Each member shall be entitled to nominate one individual to represent such membership for the basic dues.
- The Chamber is not part of a city, county or state government; a political party or faction; a civic or social club; a social service or welfare organization; or an employment agency.
- The Chamber's financial support comes from its members through voluntary investments based on size and type of organization. In addition to regular members, Mint Club members have made a significant financial contribution to the Chamber. The Chamber also hosts a variety of fundraising events throughout the year.
- The Chamber contracts with the City of Dahlonega and Lumpkin County to administer the tourism tax, which is to be spent on the marketing of the area and the operation of the Welcome Center.
- The Dahlonega-Lumpkin County Chamber has more than 550 member businesses representing large and small, domestic and international businesses.
- The Chamber has an 18 member Board of Directors and has 5 full-time and 1 part-time professional staff.
- The Dahlonega-Lumpkin County Chamber of Commerce is located on the east side of the Historic Dahlonega Square, above the Visitors Center.