• Preaching-Rock

Join the Chamber

Learn about the benefits of membership today!



Why Join the Chamber?

Learn about the benefits of membership today!


Starting a Business in Lumpkin Co.

Establishing Water, Sewer, and Garbage Service

To establish water, sewer, and garbage service in an existing location or a new facility within the City of Dahlonega, you must contact City Hall. A service contract and deposit will be required. This deposit is refundable at the closing of the final bill. The deposit amount is dependent on the business size and estimated water use. To sign up for service you must present a copy of your lease agreement or closing statement and Drivers License or valid Georgia ID with SS#.  However, for a new facility the steps may be different than stated above, please contact City Hall for more information.

For the rest of Lumpkin county to establish garbage service you will need to contact an independent company. To establish water, please contact the Water Authority at (706) 867-6580. There is no sewer system for most of the county, therefore individual septic systems are utilized.

Dahlonega City Hall

465 Riley Road

Dahlonega, GA 30533

(706) 864-6133

Establishing Electrical Service

Dahlonega and Lumpkin County have two main providers of electrical service. They are Georgia Power and Amicalola EMC. Each has its own application process. Where your business is located will determine who will be your provider.

To establish service with Georgia Power call (888)655-5888 or to establish service with Amicalola EMC call (706) 864-7979. In order to establish service you will need to provide at least the service address, the name of the person responsible for bill payment, and the name of your company, if not more information. A deposit will be assessed for each business that begins service. The deposit amount for a business (unlike a residential deposit) varies from business to business and can run into hundreds of dollars. Contact a customer service representative for a specific deposit amount.

There are also a few other providers that supply electrical service for the county if your location is not covered by the two listed above.

They are:

Habersham EMC  (706)754-2114

Sawnee EMC  (770)887-2363

Jackson EMC (770)538-2500

Establishing Telephone Service

Windstream Communications provides telephone service for businesses in areas within the city limits of Dahlonega, as well as the rest of the county.

To establish service with Windstream Communications, contact a small business services representative at 1-800-501-1754. An order for service will be taken and a credit evaluation will be made. A deposit may be assessed. Whether establishing service in a new or existing facility, a small business services representative should be consulted.

Upcoming Chamber Events



Business Directory Search

  • JacksonEMC sm2
  • Northside Hospital
  • UNG
  • CS Bank
  • Achasta
  • ATT new
  • BBT
  • Koyo
  • NortheastGeorgiaHealthSystem NEW LOGO
  • UCB
  • Walmart
  • AmicalolaEMC
  • AtlantaGasLight
  • BM Metals
  • ChelseyPark
  • Ferrell Gas
  • GAPower
  • HabershamEMC
  • LanierTech
  • Regions
  • State Farm - Donna Minnich
  • SunTrust
  • WellsFargo
  • Windstream

Dahlonega-Lumpkin County Chamber & Visitors Bureau  |  13 South Park Street  |  Dahlonega, GA 30533  |  (706) 864-3711 or (800) 231-5543