The Governmental Affairs committee works to monitor, analyze, and develop recommendations on legislative issues affecting the local business community.
Chair: Michael Cottrell (Cottrell Photography)
Meetings: This committee does not have a regularly scheduled meeting time. Please contact the Chamber about upcoming meetings.
2016 Action Items
- Establish an active and engaged Governmental Affairs Committee, focusing on local issues to help businesses
- Monitor the 2016 Georgia Legislative Session
- Analyze benefits to maximize our memberships with the Georgia Chamber of Commerce and U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Communicate and advocate with our regional state representatives through visits to the Capitol, letters, and emails
- Develop a system to regularly communicate legislative issues with members through emails and website updates
- Develop a marketing campaign to educate members and the community on the chamber’s role as serving as a voice for business and to promote successes
- Develop process for members to submit business issues and concerns for the Chamber to be able to respond on a case-by-case basis
- Produce a town hall meeting, candidate forum, and other legislative events as need arises
- Produce an Eggs & Issues Breakfast with our regional state/representatives